Outfit Inspiration: Kate Upton’s Easy Day-to-Night Ensemble
Kate Upton is the girl you love to hate — she seems to have it all: the bombshell bod, the modeling chops to get her in Vogue spreads and Sports Illustrated covers and she’s starting a career in film. But try as you might to think otherwise, her all-American aw-shucks charm draws you in no matter what she’s doing. Admittedly, we did catch Upton’s acting debut in The Other Woman, and while she’s got a long way to go until she’s up for an Oscar, we think she looked great up there on the silver screen. And as for what she does best, Upton recently unveiled her new campaign for Express while wearing a super chic outfit that works for work, play and everything between — models, they need versatile outfits just like us.
Lately, Upton has been downplaying her sexiness, but that doesn’t mean that her new campaign isn’t smoldering. The new images will be in-stores soon (as well as on billboards, in magazines and online), but before they’re everywhere, Upton debuted the campaign at an event with Express, showing the world that she hasn’t abandoned her modeling gig just yet and that no matter what she’s got on, she definitely sizzles.
You’re either bored to death with the silky blouse trend or you’ve got a closet of them and can’t get enough. Whichever side of the fence you’re on, picking up the Express Zebra Print Convertible Sleeve Portofino Shirt ($59.90) will do your wardrobe wonders.
It’s a great blouse to wear to work and to play, wince it’s got the classic collared silhouette plus a fun animal print that’s perfect for after-work drinks and more.
Try it with jeans (which we’re loving) or a trendier piece, such as a skort, because even though this is perfectly on trend, it’s a timeless piece no matter what you pair it with.
Available at Express.
1. If something’s working, let’s just go with it. You might have a go-to jean, but try out the Express High Rise Ankle Jean Legging ($59.90), not because it’s what Upton’s got on, but because it’s got the perfect high rise to keep you on trend. And let’s just say they make sure you look great coming and going.
2. For a simple look, keep your accessories simple, too. Try the Brooks Brothers Calfskin Skinny Belt ($48) if you want to keep your pants where they belong.
3. In one of the most noteworthy scenes in The Other Woman, Upton’s character gets complimented on her scent. For a natural eau, try Bobbi Brown Beach Eau de Parfum Spray ($70).
4. And lest you forget, Upton’s fronting Bobbi Brown cosmetics. One of the line’s biggest sellers? The original Bobbi Brown Lip Color ($26).
5. If you like to wear your blouses unbuttoned, you’ll need a little bit of sparkle. The Alex and Ani Sacred Studs Expandable Necklace ($48) is just enough to draw the eye up without taking over the animal print.
6. Nine West Allysway Sandal ($59)